Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What is the best age gap between siblings?

In my family, my sister and I are 6 years apart. We do talks, share and quarrels very often. For us, I would said that distance plays a strong role than age gap! She moved back to Penang lasat year and I'm at KL. So we seldom see each other that often. And because of the distance we tend to talk more everytime we meet. If gap is a concern than 1 - 5 year gap is the better gap between kids.

Looking at my family and the families of my childhood friends, I believe there are other factors that affect the relationship between siblings, like:

1. The age of the parents
2. The kids' genders
3. The neighbourhood and social surroundings
4. The parents' professions and financial situation at different stages of the kids' lives
5. Sickness, medical or mental problems and other major events in life
6. The kids' relative order in the family

In another hand, a smaller gap between babies gets the hard work over with more quickly but the expenses come closer together and there may be more squabbling later as the children's interests overlap. While, larger gaps give you the opportunity to enjoy each child as an individual and to give them your undivided attention for the first few years. It also means you can spread the cost of having children over a longer period of time.

In general, it is sensible to wait at least six months to a year before trying to conceive again in order to give your next baby a healthier start to life.

What do you have to say about age gap? Any viewers?

No comments: